Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lollipop, Lollipop

This first bouquet was a request from a client that wanted to send a bouquet to an advertising exec. at Ralph Lauren. She wanted the POLO logo on some lollipops. I got a headache. I called her and told her I didn't think I could do it... too much detail on too little surface. We came up with plan B and I went to work.

Just for kicks I decided to try to draw the logo on a lollipop with edible ink. It looked surprisingly good, but I still didn't feel like it looked good enough to send to Ralph Lauren's offices. Then I decided to "trace" my drawing in chocolate. Hmmm. Lovely if I do say so myself!

This is the bouquet that shipped out this morning. It featured the pastel colors of Ralph Lauren's spring line and a few logo pops. They look good enough to eat.






My second challenge was to make some Batman Lollis for my nephew's 5th Birthday. He calls me his "Cinnamon Cinnamon Sugar" - so they had to be good!

This is bouquet before each lollipop was individually wrapped. The Batmen are vanilla lollis and the bats are chocolate. I can't wait to hear what he thinks when the box arrives in North Carolina! HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!





No comments: